- test-driven development
Back End Engineer
- Developed code for Drupal 9—including search integration, content migration, and custom functionality—for the National Science Foundation “Beta” website as part of a multidisciplinary Agile Scrum project team.
- Used in-depth knowledge of Drupal to design solutions and recommend process improvements.
- Conducted code reviews for quality assurance and adherence to coding standards and accessibility guidelines.
Technologies: Drupal 9, Elasticsearch, AWS, S3, CloudFront, Docker
Director of Electronic Communication
Western Michigan University
- As head of digital strategy, lead web and SEO projects to increase enrollment.
- Continued development of the universitywide CMS and architected its migration to Drupal 9.
- Established a web accessibility training program to improve WCAG conformance.
- Instituted Scrum, test-driven development, and DevOps practices to achieve continuous delivery of website code with zero downtime.
- Built a component-based UI system to ensure continuity across web applications.
Technologies: Drupal 7/9, Tailwind CSS, React, Node.js, Webpack, Docker, Salesforce
- As a contractor to Western Michigan University, designed and built the universitywide web content management system using Drupal.
- Built a custom access control module that allows all WMU websites to run on a single Drupal install with separate role-based permissions by department.
- Converted the university’s existing webpage template to responsive design.
Senior Network Administrator
West Michigan Heart, P.C.
- Led IT operations for a multi-site cardiology practice with 45 providers.
- Deployed NAS and virtualization to improve clinical application reliability.
- Managed network integration projects following a merger with Spectrum Health.
Technologies: VMware, NAS, Citrix, Cisco
IT Operations Manager
Carl Walker, Inc.
- Network administrator for a civil engineering firm with ten regional offices.
- Consolidated IT assets to a central data center and a remote disaster recovery site.
- Working with the CMO, rebuilt the company website to better engage customers.
- Built a web portal for a potential client’s project data, resulting in a successful bid.
Technologies: Windows Server, Linux, Cisco, NAS, Drupal 6
- Built websites for various corporations, small businesses, and non-profits.
IT Specialist II
Michigan State University/Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies
- System administrator of the electronic medical records, accounting, HR, and web application servers for a multi-clinic residency program.
- Designed and deployed a SAN/NAS platform with offsite disaster recovery.
- Implemented a VMware cluster to improve uptime and reduce data center costs.
- Built public and intranet websites, plus web-based tools to support IT operations.
Technologies: Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux, VMware, SAN/NAS, Drupal 4.7/5/6
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
Western Michigan University
- bass guitar
- D&D and tabletop games